It appears that many people (including myself) are encountering the following error message after updating to the latest wordpress 2.8.x version: â€œCall to undefined method Redirection::_weak_escape() in /home/username/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 487â€³ .
Even though this may be an agrivation there is an easy fix to the problem and you will NOT lose your website files..Â To solve the issue follow these simple steps:
- Log into your host manager account or take help of your FTP.
- Go to wp-content/plugin folder of your WordPress installation.
- Locate redirection folder and rename it to something like redirection2
- You should be able to login now into your admin panel of WordPress.
- Go to plugin page and upgrade redirection plugin
** I hope this fix helps you, feel free to add any additional information that you think may be helpful to others.
Best Wordpress Hosting Providers - 2014
All three hosts offer FREE 1-click Wordpress installs making them the best Wordpress hosting providers. For more web hosting reviews be sure to check out AlreadyHosting.com.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.