I have received a lot of emails from others wanting to know how to add banners (like we have on this site) to our popular i3Theme.Â Adding banners ads to the i3Theme is very easy and can be done in just a few simple steps.Â I hope this guide will help you with the process:
Adding Banner In The Header:
- Log-in to your wordpress dashboardÂ (yoursite.com/wp-admin)
- Click on the “Appearance” Tab
- Click on “Editor“
- On the right side panel select “Header (header.php)“
- Search the code (towards the middle) for the line: “<?php include (TEMPLATEPATH . ‘/searchform.php’); ?>“
- Immediately following this line insert the following code and edit it for your banner: “
<br /><br /><a href=”https://www.hostmonster.com/track/jburdon14/WordPress-Web-Hosting”><img src=”https://www.alreadyhosting.com/images/mangoorange/1small.jpg” alt=”WordPress Web Hosting” width=”299″ height=”60″ hspace=”27″ class=”alignright” title=”WordPress Web Hosting” /></a>”
- Select “Update File”
Adding Banner In The Sidebar:
There are multiple ways to do this.. For the sake of ease I am going to show you how to do this the way that we have on MangoOrange.com .
1. Log-in to your wordpress dashboard
2. Click on the “Appearance” Tab
3. Click on the “Widgets” Button
4. Select Sidebar 1 for left sidebar OR sidebar 2 for right sidebar
5. Click “add” on the widget called “text”
6. Press “Save Changes”
7. Now push “edit” on the blue rectangle titled text.
8.Â In the top rectangle name the box (ie. Sponsored Ads)
9.Â In the large box insert your banner HTML code (see above if you need an example)
10.Â Select “done” and “save changes”
I hope this information will help you with your advertising needs. Please feel free to shoot me an email if you are still having trouble.
Best Wordpress Hosting Providers - 2014
All three hosts offer FREE 1-click Wordpress installs making them the best Wordpress hosting providers. For more web hosting reviews be sure to check out AlreadyHosting.com.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.